View Single Post
Old 03-15-2024, 03:27 PM   #9
Rob Culver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Culver View Post
Thanks Bill,
I wish it weren't true but it seems most likely you are correct that there is a crack down below. And it makes sense that the crack is only open under pressure. Water looks like it's coming only out of the end of the pipe until you attach the hose and it is under pressure.
Thanks for the tip on removing the screws in the middle and then the white pieces also. When you refer to the "decorative skirt", you mean just the base piece which is the black plastic where it interfaces to the tub in my fotos? I assume so. Hopefully those sizes are fairly standard when I do the web search which you recommended. Thanks again! And I'll let you know how the project goes.. fingers crossed.
Update. Hey Bill, you were spot on with everything. I disassembled it and saw the barely visible hairline fracture on the tubular black sliding piece.

I then used PVC glue with plumbers tape to wrap the entire piece. Surprisingly it seems to have worked. No more spraying water out the side. Hard to say how well it will hold in the long run but it might. Some search results show the pvc glue as a permanent solution for hairline fractures so it's possible. I also got a quote from Trailmanor. They will sell the entire faucet kit to me for $53. So that's nice to know if for some reason the leak starts back up. Or I might just buy it as a backup because I wouldn't want to have this problem on the road. Thanks again!