View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 12:05 AM   #15
rich2468
Site Sponsor

Rob, I have a Dometic CFX3-55IM which (in theory) should trip the 7.5 amp fuse on the 12 Volt circuit, but in practice I've never seen it pull much over 4 amps (at startup). The CFX3-55IM typically settles in and runs at around 1.1 amps/hr after starting. Those running amps were observed between 80 and 90 degrees ambient temperature with the CFX3-55IM fridge/ freezer running in freezer mode (below 20 degrees). The items inside the fridge/ freezer were put into a deep freeze while on household AC, so I'm sure that helped minimize any start up spikes while under DC mode.

I used the CFX3-55IM plugged into the Magnadyne WCP-12V which worked fine power wise, but the Dometic plug failed to maintain a reliable connection during a cross country trip. (Dometic confirmed that they knew this was a defect issue with their 12-Volt cord and sent me an updated/ warranty replacement cord mid-trip.)

The warranty replacement 12-volt cable significantly improved connectivity, but I still had a few disconnections (meaning that during fuel stops I still had to check via the Dometic bluetooth phone app to see that the CFX3-55IM was running). That's the main reason why I'm migrating to the ARB plug.

My TrailManor has the TV cable outlet to the right of the USB outlet (like yours shows in your picture). I also replaced my factory cable outlet with Magnadyne's WS-12V (which has both a TV coax plug and a 12-Volt outlet) with the intent of being able to use two 12-Volt appliances at a time at the front of the camper. Since both 12-Volt plugs share the same circuit that'd be possibly running a fan and a TV or a fan and a fridge, but never with a TV and a fridge.

That's the second reason pushing me to migrate to the ARB plug (on its own circuit).

Last minute update: It appears that Dometic is selling their own combo 12-Volt plug/ ARB-style plug kit. If I'd have seen this prior to my Magnadyne outlet upgrades, I'd have likely left those stock and just run a dedicated power line to the Dometic DC plugs (their setup is rated to handle 15 amps).

420Ah LiFePO4 battery bank, kilowatt solar, 3K Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter, DC-to-DC Charger, Sealand 711-M28 toilet, Maxxis 8008 Load Rated E
rich2468 is online now   Reply With Quote