View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 02:38 PM   #11
rich2468
Site Sponsor

Hi Rob, Magnadyne is the company who makes the 4 port USB wall outlet you have pictured. If you don't mind sacrificing a couple of the USB ports to gain a 12-Volt outlet, you could replace the 4 port USB with their wall outlet version with two USB ports and a 12-Volt power outlet.
(but read further down for a better solution)

The Magnadyne WCP-12V has both USB Ports and a 12-Volt power outlet. It's available via Amazon or directly from Magnadyne.

I've replaced the 4 USB Port (Magnadyne WCP-USB) with the Magnadyne WCP-12V in my TrailManorand and found that my 12-volt portable fridge does draw a small enough amount of Amps to run from the 12-Volt port in the WCP-12.

Despite the WCP-12V powering my 12-Volt portable fridge, it turns out that an automotive 12-Volt port outlet is not the best electrical connection for something that's critical and also likely to move. Going over abrupt sections of dips in western highways (and even speed bumps) caused my 12-Volt fridge's connection to be unpredictable. I'd suggest only using one for a 12-Volt TV or fan.

Since returning from a 36 day trip suffering through the poor connection between my TrailManor's 12-Volt automotive style outlet and my 12-Volt fridge's power plug, I've found the better way to handle that connection is installing what's frequently called an "ARB socket".

The ARB socket is threaded and keyed for polarity. Most 12-Volt refrigerator plugs can use an ARB socket by simply unscrewing the automotive plug end revealing two electrical pins.
(see the attached photo link)

I've bought (but not yet instead installed) the: ARB 10900028 (which just includes the outlet). I should have it installed before a trip in late Feb. to the Everglades (I'll post a follow follow up afterwards with how it works out).

ARB also sells part# 10900027 which is a whole kit (with outlet and 20 feet of wiring). Additionally; the ARB outlet which is shown in the above photo can be removed from that external enclosure so that it can be surface mounted.

420Ah LiFePO4 battery bank, kilowatt solar, 3K Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter, DC-to-DC Charger, Sealand 711-M28 toilet, Maxxis 8008 Load Rated E
rich2468 is offline   Reply With Quote