View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 02:08 PM   #28
Rob Culver

Default Update from Trailmanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Tim -

No, that isn't what we are looking for. The picture on the TM site shows the same coupler that I have on my 2020 2720QS. There is no bolt. And the "curved u-shaped wire portion" is actually not a silvery wire or a bent metal rod, but is simply the new-and-glossy edge of the upper metal part of the cup.

The first pic was extracted from the photo you referenced on the TM site. Clearly no bolt, but the "curved u-shaped wire portion" seems clear. The second pic is my hitch, with a bit different lighting and some dust on it. A closer look confirms that the u-shaped wire is actually the glare from my garage ceiling lights, reflecting from the edge of the raised cup.

Bill
I had given up on Trailmanor responding to this issue but they finally came through. They told me that my hitch was part of a small number that came to them from their supplier that was missing a ring piece that was supposed to be welded to the top side of the hitch. You can see the ring in the picture they sent me.

Now that makes sense and when you put a pin through the holes on the lift tab it absolutely will hold the hitch in a locked position and keep it from opening!

They will mail the ring piece to me and then I'll take it to a local welder to have it welded to the rest of the hitch. All at their expense. As a second owner of this TM, I don't think any warranty covered me but they're covering it anyway.

Wow! I'm feeling like the resolution of this very odd problem is finally in sight!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7362.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	22973  
Rob Culver is online now   Reply With Quote