View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 12:13 PM   #20
Rob Culver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcassel View Post
https://cowintools.en.made-in-china....r-Coupler.html
It has the bolt and little ring at the front. I could not find a 2 inch version.
Very interesting. If you click on your link it shows a part pretty much identical to what I have. But in the picture it looks like the lift tab is going OVER the bolt when the latch is in the closed position. I can see that even if I position the bolt as far forward as possible it would still not be possible to close the lift tab over the bolt that way in my case.

On the other hand though I figured out a use for the metallic string. When I use that to wrap around the bolt and hold it in the position shown in my photo that I just took, it holds the latch in a more closed position of the shoe on the bottom than if the tab is not butted against the bolt. It also eliminates the play.

So this is definitely the best way to secure the closed position of the latch. It's a little hard to believe that something looking so jerry rigged was the intended design. Perhaps there is a different type of fastener to keep the lift tab butting up against the bolt?

Thank you much for that link!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240113_105446.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	22958  
Rob Culver is online now   Reply With Quote