View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 08:44 AM   #3
Rob Culver

Thanks very much Bill for that quick and excellent reply!
I did read alot of the forum already and I'm continuing to read more. I'm fairly certain that my Frontier SV does not have any booster shocks or auto leveling system. There's a PRO-4x version that has beefed up suspension etc. but mine is a 2 wheel rear wheel drive and I don't plan to be on rough roads.

How much should I be looking to pay for a good weight bearing hitch? Do you have a specific brand name model number recommendation or two that I could look in to and is this something fairly straight forward that I could install myself at a dealer? I've got basic tools like wrenches etc. but not tools which allow me to torque down bolts etc. to specific pound levels etc.

Your 19 inch rule is very helpful and makes sense. It strikes me that how level the TM will be after attaching to the hitch will depend on how heavily it's loaded up. On this first trip it will be empty. So should I get a hitch that can be adjusted up and down vertically depending on how heavy the TM load is or the load in the bed of the Frontier?

I'm continuing to read the forum of course but that's such a large amount of reading material that one ends up reading alot of info that does not really apply to their specific situation. Your one excellent response has already saved me several hours of reading! lol
Thanks again..
Rob Culver is offline   Reply With Quote