View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 11:40 PM   #4
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisB View Post
Thanks for the reply..just climbed up on the ladder…thru the vents on the cover, I could see finned metal pieces..are these the coils? Can I remove the cover without getting on the roof? How about a leaf blower to blow debris out? Also, I reset the air conditioner by turning it off and then shutting the power off to the unit at the panel-
Waited a few minutes-it worked properly when I turned it back on….also, when you say run fan speed at maximum, do you mean the “fan “ mode without the air on or the air on at high speed?

Thank you for any information-I appreciate you taking the time..
Yes...... those finned metal things are the coils.

There are 4, #3 Philips screws on top of the white plastic shroud. Take those screws out and lift the shroud off (sorta wiggle it around while lifting). I can lift mine off from a ladder but I'm tall and have long arms. You can put a moving blanket down an lean on that, Just not your full weight. If you have a 10' step ladder, that would be best. Putting an extension ladder against the roof while lifted could be iffy.

A leaf blower won't do much with the shroud on. Best to take off the shroud for cleaning. With the shroud off, a leaf blower could work to remove debris. However, it won't clean the corrosion off of the coils. You'll need A/C coil cleaner for that.

If you don't want to hose it off, you can get this stuff:

https://www.amazon.com/3X-Chemistry-...634958136&th=1