View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 12:21 PM   #4
MrGallegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Questions. Forgive me if some are repetitive:

Bill
1. Is the extension cord plugged into the TM's big black power cord in any way? Yes, big black cord plugged to adapter, adapter to extension cord, extension cord to power strip/surge protection, plugged into wall outlet in garage.

Are any of the normal wall outlets in the TM alive? Yes, all TM outlets are alive, any appliances is plugged in the TM interior outlet.

2. Are you sure it is a circuit breaker that pops, or is it a GFI? I do not know, I just flick the on/off switch on the power strip and all is fine.

3. If it is a circuit breaker, what is its rating (amps)? Most likely 15 amps, but perhaps less - like 10 or 7.5. I do not know.

4. Does the hot plate have more than one burner? I think it is just one.

5. Does the TM have a microwave? If yes, is it ever used? ("Not often" is not a useful answer.) Using any two of the three heating appliances (coffee maker, microwave, hot plate) will likely be an overload. No microwave, yes we found out not to use two appliances at the same time.

6. Is there any other heat-making appliance in the trailer, such as a space heater? No

7. Is the water heater in the TM turned on? If so, turn it off or switch it to gas. A tank of propane will last nearly forever. No, it should be off.

8. You mentioned the refrigerator running on AC. How is that powered, since it has no AC cord? The refrigerator has a selector switch that shows a plug, a battery, propane and off. I plugged the Big black cord into the extension cord and turn selector knob to the "plug" symbol.

9. Does the guest ever turn on the air conditioner? No

10. Does the guest ever turn on the heat strip in the air conditioner? No

11. Do you know the wire size on that long extension cord? There should be a tag or printed rating. Look for AWG-12, or AWG-14, or AWG-16. it is AWG-14.

12. Can you get rid of the fancy power strip and connect using a multi-outlet block or a power strip that does not have a surge protector or circuit breaker? Yes, I can try that. However, we tried plugging the extension cord directly into the wall outlet, but the house breaker (breaker box) that supplies electricity to the garage and laundry room went off.