View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 02:42 PM   #13
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Default Eureka!!!!

Finally!! Borrowed an adjustable strainer lock-nut tool from someone in town here, and got the strainer out. Used it vertically, with just the tips of the tool on the nut, and a small pair of vice-grips as a lever on the handle. Used a piece of 1x2, my needle-nose and a ratchet clamp to brace the strainer top end, since I didn't have an extra pair of hands up top.

Took a while at the start since that nut isn't very deep and the tool would slip off every couple of turns. But after about 5 minutes of 1/4 turns I got it to the point where it was past all of the silicone that was jamming it up in the threads, and I could unscrew the thing by hand.

I have removed the strainer (that came out way too easy!!!) and I'm cleaning it up. Have cleaned up & reassembled the trap with abs glue and will give it a spray with Flex seal once it has fully set, like I did the grey tank pipe connection, just in case I can't track down the proper replacement. I could re-use it if necessary. Get new washers for it and should hopefully be able to put everything back together tomorrow or the next day. After I get the residual silicone out of the tub opening.

Next job... tires, brakes and bearings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_16d9.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	459.9 KB
ID:	22037   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_16d8.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	444.3 KB
ID:	22038   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_16d7.jpg