Thread: VA to NV Move
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2004, 11:13 PM   #10
doonboggle

Default Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinCampers
Gosh Wayne, I haven't seen Defective on the tires yet. Hope the dealer was truthful when he said these were over production tires. Time will tell.

We are moving to Mesquite, NV, about 80 miles NE of Las Vegas. When I arrived in early Aug with our household goods it was 116 Deg F. But Sharon keeps telling me it is a dry heat. I guess I haven't quite grasped that concept yet.

The tires on our TM were not Marathons, but Titan. The size was the same I replaced them with. I did have a Goodyear Marathon as a spare, same size. But since the spare was made in 1995 & the other Titan was of 2000 vintage, I kept the Titan for the spare.

Sharon is out re-aquainting herself with the area today, we were stationed nearby from 1984 thru 1989. Everything has changed & grown since then.

I've been working on the TM today. Replaced the wiring for the inverter which runs the fridge with 10 guage. Had to replace the inverter & it wasn't working well with the 12 guage I had before. It seems ok now.

Also installed a new propane detecter. The original, 1993 model, was not working correctly. I added an on/off switch so I can turn it off when we leave Gizzy alone. We always turn the propane off when we leave her in the TM. Last year when we returned to the TM Gizzy was acting real strange. Couldn't hardly walk, & now her hearing is real bad. I'm not absolutely sure, but I think the propane detecter sounded off for a long time, even though the tanks were off, and this damaged her nerves.

Talk at you later

Dan

Welcome to Nevada. Mesquite is a great 'little' town. I say it that way because Ican recall when it was 'little'. Nothing like now. We live a bit north of you up in Lyon County; on the way to Reno. And yes, getting used to the dry is going to be quite a change for you. But, after living in the state now for 40 odd years, once you acclimate, you won't go back to the former. Heck, just this week we went to San Diego, to look ... and wound up buying ... our TM. While there, literally went 'crazy' wanting to get out of that mess. They can take California, expecially S. California, and ... as the old country singer sang, "Shove it!!"