View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 09:54 AM   #8
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Looks good! Did you slope the bottom towards the drain? That’s one of the biggest fails of the Dometic SeaLand, the bottom of the tank is just flat. Also I’d recommend putting a gate valve directly under the floor on the drain pipe. Otherwise everything wants to collect in the downpipe leading to the dump valve.
I put in several layers of mat, tapering the layers toward the center of the tank. Hard to tell in the pic because my last layer was a single piece of 2ozbiaxial cloth. I'm not proud of the finish look of the inside of the tank
(because of the difficulty involved) but no one will see that once the top is sealed on. The washout jet should help as well. I'm not too concerned about what settles in the elbow.

What I am concerned about is the ABS pipe getting hit by something and fracturing the mechanical bond between the F/G and the ABS pipe. I did a test piece before I did it this way and it was impossible to break the bond. At some point, I will cut the ABS pipe under the trailer and put in a clamp on, rubber connector. That way, if worse case scenario happens, the pipe should separate at that connection before it causes any damage to the tank.