View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 04:40 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagizzi View Post
Stephene1219,
I am not sure if your TM 2922 power system is designed the same as my 2720 but if it is I don't know why you would have to route inverter/charger cables through the floor and under the TM. Isn't the power center directly behind your power wall? <snip> That wall is thin and easily cut. You can cut an access hole into the area under the tub that holds the Power Center and run you cables through there without the need to go through the floor.
If you decide to cut the needed access hole for the wires, I'll offer a quick note of caution, so you won't be as dumb as I was. Years ago I started to cut that same access hole, though in a somewhat larger square size. I fired up my Sawzall and was making good progress until it suddenly hit me that the wall of the tub was right up against the other side of that wooden wall. I came within a hair of running my Sawzall right through the wall of the tub.

Most likely you already have a factory-installed access panel at the left end of that wall. Through it, you can see exactly where the the tub is, and avoid cutting it when you create the access hole for the wires. My old TM did not have that ready-made panel.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote