View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 10:57 PM   #6
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
So, we are looking at buying a 2008 3124 KB. Our Infinity QX60 says that it can tow up to 5,000 or 6,000 pounds but I have seen some people say that is just an estimate.

We already have a hitch and ,my husband says that we can get a weight distributor kit. Are there any recommendations on this? I saw someone on here say that you really can't do anything to change your vehicle's towing capacity so how would that work? I have been having a really hard time finding the actual weight of the TM online and I guess that it varies depending on the year. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. We live in Colorado so we will be mostly using it in the mountains. Thanks.

Also, we will be looking at replacing the mattresses with something thicker but we don't want them to be too heavy either. Any suggestions on that as well?

Another concern that I have is about winterizing it. We do not have a garage to keep it in, will that be a dealbreaker?
To give you some idea, my TM 2720SL weighs 2975# bare weight. With A/C, awning, cabinets, full propane tanks, charged toilet etc, plus our personal items, it weighs in at 4200#. About 1200# of extras. You might want to consider about 1200# above your 3124KB dry weight.

Look in the owner's manual of your Infinity and find the GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating). That is the maximum weight that you fully load vehicle (passengers and cargo) plus the weight of your fully loaded trailer can tow.

All that "Tow Ratings" tell you is the maximum weight that the vehicle can tow with no passengers and NO cargo.