View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 05:34 PM   #2
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

According to Edmunds your tow capacity is 5000 lbs. Which in reality means you should not tow anything heaier than 4500lbs. (That gives you a 10% safety buffer) That includes... Trailer, stuff in the trailer, stuff in the QX60 (Including passengers other than the driver) According to NADA a 2008 3124 KB weighs in at 3090 lbs. (bare bones, no extras like awnings, AC's, etc). You are very close to capacity... but it's "do able". Just be aware of what you put inside the trailer, and the back of the QX60. (I'm sure others will give you their $0.02 as well.

As for winterizing.... There is a long debated issue of covering vs not covering.. So I wont go there. But according to the manual, to winterize my TM all that is required is to fully drain the system by opening all four dump valves and opening all faucets (Kitchen, Vanity, Bath, outside shower) Make sure when you go to use the trialer and refill the water system, you close all those faucets... Espectally the outside shower or you will just water the ground (Don't ask me how I know)
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote