View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 07:24 PM   #15
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickst29 View Post
[LIST=1][*]They claim '400Ah', but they allow only 160 Amps of maximum output. Something is wrong with that. (A 400 Ah battery pack should support about 400A continuous output current).
I'll be the 1st to admit that I don't know much about LFP batteries but Deep Cycle batteries typically have a lower max output than their cohorts "Starting Batteries". starting batteries will have as much as 800A rating but for a very short period of time.

Lead/acid deep cycle batteries have less available surface charge and a much larger charge stored in the larger plates and more lead. That results in a lower max output but over a longer period of time.

It only makes sence that a 400AH LFP battery might have a very high storage but if it were to have a load of 400A, it seems to me that it might overheat in a short time.

I just installed this 2000W inverter today. I can't believe the build quality of this thing. I brewed a pot of coffee this afternoon then boiled a qt of water in the microwave (18 minutes).
https://www.newpowa.com/products/200...hoC0acQAvD_BwE