View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 08:39 AM   #29
Larryjb
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
I'm not sure if this might be a useful "modification" to the powered vent system. If you are concerned that the powered vent might be smelly to the neighbours, hook up a vent hose to the sewer connection. This could be easily accomplished by connecting to one of those cleanout style elbows. Just a thought.

This is probably not necessary, but I thought I'd put it out there anyway.

Off-board, Bill mentioned to me something I hadn't thought about, and that is the possibility of a P-trap on the campground side of the sewer. If a P-trap exists in the campground sewer, a fan is not going to work, and worse yet, will end up blowing out the water in your sink P-trap, blowing all the glorious odors into your sink.

I'm not sure if a P-trap exists at the campground sewer or not. If one exists, there must be a vent elsewhere in the campground for such a trap to work. As long as the the sewer is connected to a trailer, or is capped, there would be no need for a P-trap. So, I don't know. Maybe some campgrounds are plumbed with P-traps, others not.

At this point, my idea is probably not a good one after all, and not really necessary anyway.

So, I would still recommend connecting the vent into the TM plumbing vent system. It's not hard to do. The hardest part will be finding a suitable fan that can be carved to the right shape, and is small enough to fit into a piece of ABS.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote