View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 09:20 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by l&cnewell View Post
Thank you for the information, Bill! So are you saying that the Jack nut that is indicated in the eBay link is the correct size?
Cindy -

I'm not sure what you mean by "the correct size". These things come in any number of sizes, and you can use whatever size will meet your needs - primarily by the amount of weight they can carry. Think of it like a nail that you would pound into wall to hang a picture. Nails come in many sizes - is one of them a "correct" size? Probably not. My guess is that the one you linked to is a good size for the use you describe.

I agree with Shane - no tool is required other than a drill and a bit to make the properly-sized hole in the wall, and a screw driver to turn the screw.

Quote:
The eBay listing doesn't indicate if it includes the screw that fits inside, so I guess I'll need to go to my True Value to get them.
You will find that screws have a number of different head styles, and you will need to choose one. You will want one that is fairly thin, of course. If you Google "screw head style", you will see pictures. You probably do not want a flat head. A good choice, and most commonly available, would be "pan head".

Quote:
The shelves are small and lightweight, but I do not want to mount them with 3m hooks. Living in Southern Arizona, 3m hooks and Velcro eventually melt off during the summer, so having more permanent hanging solutions are better for us.
Living in southern AZ, I understand exactly what you mean. It is amazing what the weather here does.

Cheers,
Cindy[/QUOTE]
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote