View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
TexasCamper

Default Thetford toilet flush problem

Hi everyone,
My 2008 TM3023’s original Thetford toilet is having a flushing problem....

It started with a failed flange where the toilet dumps (made a huge mess!), and I had my local RV repair shop repair it. The leak was fixed but the flushing wasn’t normal when put back together. There was very little water flowing from the rim. There was some water flowing at the bottom of the bowl, but not enough to push toilet paper through the skirt (previously this was never a problem).

The shop took the toilet apart again, cleaned the rim (soaked it in a bath of cleaning solution), hooked everything together and still not right. They convinced me to purchase a new pump assembly (pump motor & shaft), but this still didn’t solve the problem.

What I’m seeing now is some water flowing at the bottom of the bowl, and some water flowing from the rim from 7:00 to 12:00 position, but no water flowing from the rim from 12/1:00 to 6/7:00 position (entire right-hand side is bone dry). Of the water that does come from the rim’s left side, there isn’t any rotational flow, just straight down.

My questions to this wonderful forum:
(1) does a correctly-operating Thetford toilet flow clockwise or counter-clockwise?
(2) this previous post on the subject no longer has video or pictures:

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ead.php?t=8045

So if anyone has a video of a properly running toilet, I’d love to see one

(3) the same post mentioned that the solution was “...an elbow which is an integral part of the bowl, which attaches to the inlet tube.” It was the 12/12/2008 post from nonichris referencing photos from Shrimp Burrito. Does anyone have a photo of this part? Or a photo of the “undercarriage” when properly assembled?

(4) any other tips or ideas of what may be wrong?

Many thanks!
John
TV#1: 2008 Chrysler Town & Country (3.8L Touring w/ tow package, WDH) (*retired 2018*)
TV#2: 2015 Nissan Pathfinder (w/ tow package, WDH)
TV#3: 2018 Ford F150 (w/ tow package, WDH)
TexasCamper is offline   Reply With Quote