View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 08:18 AM   #11
Larryjb
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper View Post
Im convinced that running the fridge on LP while traveling causes an in-efficient burn and soots up everything and leads to the rust. I think it is closing the shell and the fan running that changes the fuel to air mixture that leads to the in-efficiency and more soot and acids in the burn.

Our first TM, we traveled on LP and twice I had the issue within 18 months or each other. I switch to 12v and rewired so the fridge ran on the auto battery when traveling and only ran LP for camping without electric. I did not have a dirty burner after that.
If you decide to try using the auto battery for the fridge, many people have found they had to upgrade the TV wiring. Then, if you stop for awhile (like taking a ferry, lunch, sightseeing etc), you will want to remember to disconnect the trailer bargman or you will drain your TV battery!

We keep ice packs in the freezer at night, then put them in the fridge during the day when travelling. This has always kept our fridge cold, even in the California heat.

By the way, the only issue I've had with our fridge so far was lighting it. Different models of fridges were used through the years. In ours, I found that the piezoelectric igniter adjustment is extremely sensitive. I spent a 1/2 hour trying to light the thing once and thought it was the burner. It still wouldn't light. Then I found that I had to adjust the igniter and that solved the problem.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote