View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 06:22 AM   #35
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

What a mess, Larry. I'm sorry to see it, especially after all your work. From the pictures, it looks like the end of the torsion bar wasn't pushed far enough into the lift arm. Though you probably know this, the end of the torsion bar should be pushed into the lift arm beyond the four bolts, so that all four bolts contribute to the grip on the bar, and prevent the rotation of the bar that is so evident in your pictures.

I was always under the impression (though I'm not sure why) that the bulge in the lift arm between the bolts was pre-formed before the bars were inserted, and was properly sized to allow insertion of the bar. The shape if the bulge doesn't suggest that it was formed around the bar after it was inserted, although I suppose this could be true if the bar was inserted and the bulge formed before the lift arm / bar assembly was mounted on the trailer. I'm not sure why they would assemble it this way, but then ...

And I have no idea what the threads are all about, unless they were intended to accept a nut to secure the end of the bar in its cage on the frame, replacing the stainless steel hose clamp that has been used for so long in the past.

This may be a stupid question, and forgive me for asking it, but are you sure you didn't install the bar with the two ends reversed?

Please let us know what you find out from the factory.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote