View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 11:26 AM   #3
FlyboyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucePerens View Post
You have the option to take your eight thousand mile trip on your two year old tires and the existing equipment. This might be the best prospect, as you then won't have to rush to do this reasonably large job. Actually having all the parts you need on hand within two weeks is problematical, especially since the brakes and bearings are still question marks.

However, if you are dead set on going ahead, you can buy some steel tubing and fabricate the lift kit on a drill press. Here is what you are getting, it looks simple enough.
]
Bruce,
You make a valid point. Thanks for the picture. I have considered building my own lift kit (I have the tools and talent). But when Sonja at TM quoted $24 for the kit...I just jumped on that. However, I have read reports that TM is slow to ship...which may not work in my favor.

Brakes and bearings are an easy task for me. So that shouldn't take more than a few hours. ...which reminds me...I need to order two bearing dust caps & rubber end plugs. These look like they were beat to death with a 2x4 and are oval shaped. End plugs are dry rotted and don't fit the oval hole.

Thanks again...appreciated!