View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 09:47 AM   #2
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Default Re:shower hot water

Thanks, Leon

I guess I'll just dig around until I find the obstruction. Not sure exactly where to start, or if there is an easy way, but now that we have a unit with a shower I'm duty-bound to get it working or hear about it from DW who thinks it is great to escape from the shower houses and loos at the campgrounds. ( I do too, but don't let on about it.)

How did you work backwards on the water line? I can't see an obvious way to attack it. Thought about draining the system and hitting it with a shot of compressed air to see if I could dislodge any obstruction, but don't know enough to fully understand the ramifications of such impudence.

The trip was uneventful. Family reunion in Holly Springs, MS where we stayed at Wall Doxey state park about 6 miles south of town on HW 78. Nice enough camp ground, nothing spectacular. July 4 weekend is not the greatest time to visit northern Mississippi for outdoor activity unless you are partial to bugs and mosquitos. We weren't looking for anything to do, as the family event at a nearby lake cabin was the epicenter of our events.

We hadn't pulled the trailer for any appreciable distance, so I wanted to get one fairly long haul just to see how it worked. No sweat, even without WDH (which I am thinking about but haven't come to any conclusion). My rear bumper (1/2 ton suburban 2WD) drops 3" when I hook up, but trailer pulls fine and no other issues. Keep thinking I'd like to try a WDH to see if there is any difference in handling, but hate to spend the $200 plus just to find out. It sure isn't bad without it, only question is how much better it might be with it.

Now trying to decide about the trav a sack (or whatever they call it) because DW says dealing with the bedcovers is a hassle she could do without. After trying to help with that chore I tend to agree with her. Only downside I see is that they don't make a king-size version and we really enjoy the luxury of some space in the middle. Also notice that the space in the middle seems to shrink with each passing year.

I'm tempted to mount a ~6" aluminum plate to each corner of the shell to distribute the load on the hold-down clip, but not sure if that's the best answer. I'll check the posts again to see what the experts think.

Wayne

G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote