View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 03:30 PM   #2
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Are you sure? That seems REALLY high! I know TMs have a higher tongue weight because the axle is so far back to prevent sway, but still. Here are a few ideas to reduce tongue weight...

Is the camper level front to rear when towing? If the tongue is low, it can increase the tongue weight. Conversely, don’t raise the tongue higher than level as that will induce sway.

Move as much gear inside the camper behind the axle, or as far back as possible.

Does the 3023 have the outside accessible storage compartment under the bed? Maybe relocate the batteries back there like the models with the front slideout? Especially with the heavier batteries, that would be close to 150lbs (maybe more) off the tongue...

Before getting too nutty though I would go back to the CAT scale and completely disconnect the comaper from the truck with one axle on one pad and the tongue jack on another pad, and level it out. I can’t wrap my head around 800lbs. If that’s the case my 3326 would be in the 950-1000lb ballpark. And explain the no WDH deal to me? What year is your 4-Runner? I wanna look into that.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote