View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 09:24 AM   #7
J_Norris
Site Sponsor

Thank Bill, that was very helpful and I learned more about what is and isn't going on.

I have looked, and here are some more photos to clarify what I’ll try to describe. The floor outer frame wood feels and looks very solid when poked with a screwdriver on both the front piece of the wood frame and the street side of the wood frame. Only the side piece of the wood frame has dropped, the front wood frame piece appears to be in the right place. The side frame piece still firmly abuts the front frame piece; the side frame piece has just dropped down a half inch or so. I can't see what's going on with the attachment between them.

I looked and poked up into the wall where the screws pulled out and that doesn’t appear to be wood at all, there’s a wood-colored piece like a veneer along the bottom surface of the wall, and inside of the pulled out hole it is pretty smooth and white; it’s like gypsum board, but less crumbly than I’d expect from gypsum board (I don’t know much about construction materials).

I’ve also attached pictures of the front bumpers; they are pretty worn and I should replace them. Strangely the curbside bumper is much worse than the street side, but the problem of drooping torsion brackets is less pronounced on the curbside.

I haven’t had trouble with the main latches on the street side, I can put a little downward pressure on the roof with one hand to get them latched. The curbside takes a light foot in the stirrup to close (I can’t tug the roof on that side because of the awning). The upper clip on the front street-side draw-latch has started to pull downward, possibly because its mate is on the torsion bracket. So when we drove the TM home we left that draw latch loose and had the other 3 draw latches on.

There is also a tear in the metal inside that I’ve included a picture of. I was wondering if the metal might have been torn by the couch slide being forced in at an angle and if that could have forced the wall detachment from the floor, but that doesn’t seem to relate to the torsion bar bracket.

Dick Hamel had a similar but milder issue that he pm-ed me about. He had it repaired with the help of a good shop and advice from a Trailmanor engineer, I’m hoping that his fix might be useful in this case as well.

I really appreciate the time and thought you all are giving this!

Jodi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SurfaceDescriptions.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	17057   Click image for larger version

Name:	TornMetalZoomedOut.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	17058   Click image for larger version

Name:	TornMetal.JPG