View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 09:39 PM   #5
camperboy

Default Re:Update 6/24: Help with rear bed slides?

I know I've seen material that is similar in the orange signed store. Of course I fail to recall what department it is in. What about the corner protectors that they sell to protect drywall corners? Seems that they might be the right size. Otherwise a local plastic supplier should have flat plastic which you could cut with a sharp uliltity/razor knife and then score to allow it to make neat angle. Install the same way as the originals are. I know that my (for now) armchair hobby of model railroading uses lots of styrene for scratchbuilding models. Perhaps a hobby shop would have some styrene the would work. Another idea is to use the snap on electrical conduite. Cut one part of the U shape off. I think it sold under the name of panduit at one point. It is in the elec. supply section near the rest of the metal and plastic conduit. The stuff I'm thinking of is about 1" wide and comes in 5' or 6' lengths.

Recently they started clearing land for the store with the orange sign's closest competitor — the store with the blue sign. They are going to be locate with a few hundred feet of oneanother. Can't wait for the competition!

May the repair prove to be supiorior to the original.

Camperboy