View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #1
Steppy

Default Making Headway On New Brake/Bearing Install

I've been waiting for warm enough weather to prime and paint the rusty axle, and all rusted frame etc. that will be blocked by the tires. I removed all the loose rust and in the past two days have been able to put on two coats of Locktite Rust Neutralizer and two coats of Rustoleum. Tomorrow I will install the new Dexter Nev-R-Adjust brakes, and pack and install the new Timken (Made in USA) races and bearings. Then I can repair the leaky front left roof vent which I have had previous experience repairing. I suspect a faulty factory install job as I experienced in past cases.
Do you have rusted frames on your TMs. I had similar rust problems on my 2004 2720SL. TrailManor must do a crappy job priming and painting all the frame and other metal components under the TMs. I have booked a site at Grey's Point Campground in Topping VA May 24-29. Let me know if any of y'all will be there. This won't be my maiden voyage with this rig as I'm hoping to make it to Paw Paw WV for a couple weekends of Bluegrass pickin' and grinnin'
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3016.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	3.62 MB
ID:	16803
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Curt WDH Trunnion 800 # TW
Steppy is offline   Reply With Quote