View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 05:53 AM   #9
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Granted, I have an 2005, which is the 4.7 (or 4.something) liter engine, whereas the new Sequoias and Tundras have the 5.something liter engine.
Dave
I also think mpg varies greatly in model years. Newer engines are significantly more fuel efficient, squeezing out a lot more power while using a lot less fuel.

I haven't towed my TM yet with my 2016 Expedition, but just regular driving, my mpg is way better than my 2006 Tribute, despite having a much more powerful engine, and a much bigger vehicle pushing through the air - like 6 mpg better. We won't even talk about how much better it is than my 1988 Bronco.

On my return trip from picking up the Expedition, I drove through the Green Mountains, the same route I will be taking next weekend with the TM, and the same route I took with the TM being towed by my Bronco a couple of weekends ago. Coming over Hogback Mountain, I didn't even realize I was over it until I was heading down (it was, after all, like 2am, so I wasn't as 'aware' of my location as I would be in the daytime) - the Expedition didn't even seem to put forth any effort, hence the reason why I just didn't even notice I was climbing. My Bronco on the other hand, I know when I am climbing a mountain, towing a trailer or not. I don't expect my TM to effect the Expedition's mpg by very much at all.