View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
Larryjb
TrailManor Master

Default WDH Sway comparison

On my journey to find a WDH with sway control, I've compared a few popular WDH setups. This may help others new to towing to help them compare and choose a WDH. I've left a few comments beside some of the cheaper hitches that may explain why they're cheaper than the competition. In general, the more expensive hitches have nearly zero poor reviews on Amazon, and members here swear by them.

I hear a lot of people saying that sway control isn't necessary, but I also listen to my father who towed trailers at different times over the years. Aside from winds, passing semis, he also told me that antisway really helps on uneven pavement to keep the trailer from bouncing around if a wheel goes into a dip or pothole.

I have also heard some say that WDH transfers more weight to the trailer wheels, which increases the load on already marginal tires, if they haven't been upgraded. My answer to this is that they should be upgraded. I've heard that the wheels should be upgraded with tires too. I have yet to do mine, so we'll see if I follow my own advice, but I've had my trailer for only a few weeks so far.

Anyway, hopefully other newbies can benefit from my research here, even if it is a little limited.
WDH.pdf

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote