View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 10:08 AM   #8
Padgett
TrailManor Master

And another joins the ranks. For the curious the drivetrains and tow ratings of the Ram (pickup), Grand Cherokee (mid-sized 2 seat SAV), and Dodge Durango (3 seat) are about the same.

I have the '12 version with 290hp gas V6 and five speed. Mid-20s on the road without trailer and 17-18 with.

Are several 4WD/AWD options so depends on what you want and how much you want to pay. Prices (new) range from upper 20s (Laredo) to upper 60s (SRT with 6.4 liter Hemi) Mine is the lightest 2WD version (4475 lbs with trailer towing package) and all I have needed for the 2720SL.

My understanding is that this is the last year for the Merc chassis and while there were some hiccups when major changes came out, everything is pretty stable now.

So IMNSHO the best tow car I've ever had and something you don't mind flipping the fobic (no key) to a parking attendant at a nice restaurant (see "restaurant row, Orlando", about 4 miles south of my house...)

OTOH all are somewhat behind the curve relative to technology. I feel engines like the Ford 3.5 (not the 2.7) Ecoboost with a boosted, direct injection, DOHC gas engine is the Next Big Thing.

Why would take a few hours.