View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 05:47 PM   #8
Skyjim73

Mecicom, Ford is supposedly going to have a diesel in the same displacement class as the 3.0 in the Rams in 2018. The Land Rover version of the same engine already here has higher power and torque than the VM Moturi 3.0 in the Rams.

We gave the Colorado a look but my wife was not willing to go back to the smaller cabs after having a full size. I would have at least waited another year for that one - I don't like to buy anything in the first production year...

Padgett, I've wondered the same thing about the DI Pentastar, but read somewhere that FCA could be waiting for lower sulphur unleaded - didn't even know that was a thing with gasoline, just aware of the the ULSDiesel and a bit concerned about lubricity. Have used B5 when possible or mixed B20 when I find it - which I did on the return leg of this first tow.

I guess FCA, who have seemed kind of scattered to my eyes in their product planning and rollouts, might also just be taking their time because they have the niches pretty much covered until they are forced to cut back on the Hemi part of the mix. Maybe the DI & turbo Pentastar winds up as the Hemi replacement but won't appear till needed.

Guys, here in SoCal diesel is a bit less than 87 octane at some stations; a bit more at others. A couple of months ago it was consistently cheaper.
3124KB delivered 5/2015 - early unit from Nebraska. TM installed Dometic compressor fridge, lower battery rails, 4AWG batt cable, and PD converter during build. Custom RV installed cassette toilet, two 260 AH 6V batts, 2 UniSolar 64 solar panels, Morningstar MPPT controller/meter.

Tow vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman CC 4x4 3.0 diesel.
Skyjim73 is offline   Reply With Quote