View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #5
Driller

Thanks for all the help, and pictures of repairs are welcomed! (Golfing Debby)

Dick (commodor47) you are correct, this is the same problem. (My other thread) http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=17163

I have the TM stored as my HOA will not allow RV's, so my time to work and repair are limited. When digging into the problem I found that the slide out had not dropped at all, but the exterior wall was high. It is not that the floor needs to be raised, as the framing and supports all look correct and are solid. The torsion bar supports are solid to the floor, only the wall on one end is high with the gap.

The screws that I pulled out were very rusted, so it has been like this for some time. I was able to get a 5" lag screw attached from the bottom up into the wall, and I torqued the screw down tight without the wall lowering at all.

My next thoughts are to get a couple of 5' bar clamps and see if I can pull the wall and floor together, and then use lag screws to hold it.

My question now is with the bar clamps, will I damage the wall by putting that much force on the top of the wall with the clamps? And how can it be that the wall must be warped as it is flush with the flooring at the rear of the wall (towards the axle) and separated and raised from the flooring at the front of the TM?

Thanks for all help.