View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 10:49 AM   #5
rjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemancjr View Post
I think a lot of what needs to be done depends on your specific trailer.

I recently converted to 225/75r15 on my 2720 trailer, and I don't see a need to add the lift as i have about 3.5 inches between the tires and the wheel well.i have not traveled with it loaded heavy, but i don't think there should be problems.

Again, there is nothing wrong with maxxis, but there are many tires available that have equivalent credentials. My tires are load range E with a 10 ply rating, they have the nylon overlay, and rated to carry nearly 2600lbs. I don't mind that the don't have that specific brand burned into the side.

I bought these rims here from a seller on amazon. Rated to 2600 lbs. They work great. Bolt pattern is 5 on 4.5 or 5 on 114.5

Just my experience, hope it helps.
Thanks, fireman. I drive to Tucson tomorrow to check out the trailer (2007 2720SL) and hope to bring her back if all looks good. I am admittedly nervous about the Load Range C tires on the trailer as they are 2.5 - 3 years old and have 12,000 miles on them. Add to that the fact that crossing he desert in 110 degree temperatures will really be pushing the limits!

My friend that bought the same model and year 2720 last year upgraded his to 15" Load Range tires and 2" lift. The seller had just installed brand new 14" Load Range C tires, so he's giving me those to take with me to AZ tomorrow. If I buy the trailer, I'll install those and also lube the wheel bearings.

Assuming I come back with the trailer I'll measure the distance from between the tire and the wheel well. What year TM do you have? I understand that they made some changes to the axle that raised the trailer a bit, but not sure what year.

Thanks again!
rjackson is offline   Reply With Quote