View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 03:09 PM   #5
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Brake Controllers

Quote:
Civil_War_Buff, how is the Prodigy so much better? How is it so much more effective and safety enhancing than the Prodigy that we can justify taking out our present brake controllers (I believe I have a Voyager in my truck) and paying the hundreds of dollars to install one? ??? ???

Larry, just to name a few benefits, it is self adjusting and it senses the tow vehicle deceleration and applies current proportionally to assure a safe stop without locking the brakes.  Sort of an ABS feature for trailers. It can be in at any angle so it doesn't need to be "level" like the others.  It can be removed and moved from one vehicle to another without any hassle, and it even comes with a little carrying bag for protection.  I always hated the slamming jerk of the trailer brakes with the Voyager, but find that the braking with the Prodigy is smooth and sure.

One of the write ups that helped me make my decision to change was this one:
http://www.bbrv.dreamstation.com/prodigy.html

Anyhow, if you do a websearch on Prodigy Brake Controllers, you can read lots of testimonies of people who owe their trailer and in some cases their life to a Prodigy, and for me it was an easy decision.

In most cases I would never recommend that someone swap out their controller, but I am glad I did, but if someone is looking for a first buy like flyday, I say Prodigy all the way.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote