View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 09:55 PM   #14
Goosecreeklarry

Default Painting the interior

Thanks we don't have small children but we did have small pups. Dear husband and I are well past the age where we enjoy sleeping on the ground i.e. We're really to old for that and wanted our creature comforts or glamping as they call it these days.I used a high quality exterior latexsemi gloss on just about everything after a thorough cleaning and sanding of wood for services. Also used chalk paint on the accent walls except for the two end walls where I experimented with a different type of oil paint. Someone else suggested marine paint which is a Great idea. We camped about 5 weeks and it held up well for us. We didn't use any of the original curtain tracks for our curtains, in fact, I removed all of the bottom ones and only left the top ones in place because I thought I might do some more curtain experimenting down the line. If you want blindsinstead of curtains there is an interesting thread on this forum on adhering high strength magnets on the walls for the blinds which would give you a clean line. All sorts of good ideas on this forum from a lot of well traveled folks. Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	13583  
Goosecreeklarry is offline   Reply With Quote