View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 06:58 PM   #11
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Default Wow! Mrs. Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosecreeklarry View Post
We had our Trailmanor for a year and I replaced all curtains and also experimented with a lot of different installation processes during that year. You can remove the old balances by using a long screwdriver and or a small lightweight crowbar and gently tugging at the corners and then working your way across the valance. I found it almost impossible to remove them without making a small intention about half of a dime size where the toggle bolts came out. It is unlikely you could reupholster then because they tend to twist a bit when they come out, but you could try. We took our balances off then filled the holes. Because I repainted all the walls you couldn't really notice anything when the new curtains were up. If you want regular cafe style curtains ( which you can buy anywhere) there are instructions on this forum if you do a search on how to modify the rod holder hardware, then you simply install a small screw leaving a small bit left unscrewed and slip the holder in place and place the curtains on their toda in place until you leave. This allows you to keep everything very clean. I also wanted some level of privacy during the day but not so much that it obstructed the light. I took a sticky back piece of Velcro and placed it on the wall above the window and screws it on place with screws about every 4 to 5 inches ( if you don't screw it eventually with moisture and humidity it may come off in sections. Then I took lace curtains cut them to the length and width I wanted and sewed a non sticky Velcro mate into place (these are just simple straight seams). this process could be done with any material). That way you have some privacy but almost full light. In the bed portion of the trailer I used marine vinyl and did the same process nut also installed them as shade / curtain by simply attaching two long strips of material with a small washer on bottom end. In the daytime you simply take the ties and attach the washer to a small screw raised a I'd've from the top wall Velcro. You could due the same thing with any material. You simply remove it when leaving and put it up when when setting up. I will see if I have any pics that show what we did. Mrs goose creek Larry

1,977 Items
That looks nice and all and one can see that you have devoted a lot of time to your TM...but how do you keep it so clean when you go camping....obviously you don't have children....or do you have an extra big cat-o-nine-tails?
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote