View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 04:36 PM   #6
KHerfurt

Default Ground Clearance

Just now the TM is parked in our yard in the Mountains of Colorado. While the area is reasonably flat it gently slopes up to the rear of the TM rear bumper and an accurate measurement would be difficult. As I recall, during the blowout there is probably 6 inches from the bottom of shroud to the ground. I realize my picture looks like clearance might be a problem. I tried to make it as close to the plumbing as possible but enough room that the cleanout was not hard to get to. Measure your TM plumbing drop from the bottom of the floorboard and add an inch. That is what I did. I have never had clearance problems and I have taken it on some rough roads hunting in Colorado. Keep in mind that my TM is a 3326K and it has a dual axel. I don't know what might happen if you have a single axel but, I can't imagine that the shroud would not help to protect the plumbing. It is made of some pretty sturdy aluminum. It probably weighed 20 lbs and I used a hydraulic floor jack to hold it in place while I bolted it up in my driveway. With the single axel you may want to consider a stronger metal or perhaps something like carbon fiber.

I just went out and looked and it appears that the shroud is almost event with the bottom of the black plastic holding tank at the rear of my TM.
Firestone airbags
:new_popco
KHerfurt is offline   Reply With Quote