View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 01:22 PM   #1
Roy in Texas

Default RAM 1500 Eco-Diesel Mileage

I bought a new 2015 RAM 1500 last year, but was really torn between the F150 with the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 and RAM 1500 with the 3.0L Eco-Diesel. I had been meaning to capture the towing mileage of the Eco-Diesel and finally remembered to do it on a trip back to San Antonio from Big Bend National Park last week.

I took a picture of the trip computer and it calculated 18.5 MPG. Manual calculation when I filled up turned out to be 19.4. I reset the trip computer when we pulled out in the morning and I took the picture at a filling station 2 miles from home. I had the cruise set at 67 MPH on the portion of the trip on I-10 (about 320 miles). For most of the way, the speed limit is 80. Passed two vehicles the whole way home.

I was wondering about how the MPG is for those towing a TM with the F150?

An interesting side note. I had two blow outs on the way to Big Bend. Both on I-10 about 100 miles apart. A state trooper stopped behind me the first time. He was very helpful. Put on a pair of gloves and jumped in to help. I was teaching my grandson how to change the tire and the trooper immediately caught on to what I was doing and offered additional safety tips. The trooper was a real public servant. This occurred on Saturday, March 12th. I pulled in Ft. Stockton looking to buy two new tires before heading south toward Big Bend. Of the dozen or so tire dealers there, only one was open on Saturday. Fortunately, we were able to get the tires needed. For awhile I thought we might have to stay in Ft. Stockton till Monday morning. I am considering adding a third spare so that a weekend tire problem doesn't cause a long stop over in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1585.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	13097  
08 2720 (swing hitch, bike receiver)
15 RAM 1500 4x4 with 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6
RAM Integrated Brake Controller
Blue Ox Weight Distributing Hitch
Roy in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote