View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I have been taking my TM out in November the last 4 winters (2 nights at a time). One weekend it dropped to 10° F each night, and was in upper-30s during the day. No hookups.

Water was not a problem the entire weekend. Didn't open cabinets, due to too many people (three or four, depending on trip), and all water worked when desired.

I got my 2417 Standard in Feb. 2014, and the water heater is under the sink. This will keep my sink lines warm, so no problem there. My 40 gallon fresh tank is in the rear compartment (my 2417 Sport had the fresh tank under a dinette bench, if I recall, so it was in the heated area), so it gets no heat whatsoever. But, if it is going to get colder than 15° overnight, I will use the outside shower to run hot water into the fresh tank, and it should be good all night. I could throw a blanket over it, if I felt it was really in jeopardy of freezing.

The only problem I have had, and it was only the weekend it got to 10°, was the dump gate would not open until the sun was on it for an hour. May solve that with vaseline on the gate and cover, to keep water from getting into the recesses and freezing. Have to do that before running any water down any drain, though. Hope I remember!

I travel 3 hours, plus at least an hour stop for dinner, and only the first half hour is during daylight. The rest of the time the temps are dropping. Have had no problem after arrival. I use the TM as I would in the summer, other than opening windows. I used it three weekends last winter, Nov. 9 - Jan 31, with no problems with water (or anything else, but this is a water topic).
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote