View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 06:17 PM   #43
Carolina Camper

Post More questions about tow vehicle choices :D

Greetings all! I have been lurking for quite some time, but just couldn't pass up this thread. TexasCamper your timing couldn't have been more perfect.

We have been researching SUVs for a future TM 3124. We finally settled on a Grand Cherokee (unfortunately Ford let us down with the Explorer capability, as discussed earlier), when my DH started asking questions about "where would we put the generator and the fuel?" He has grand plans for occasional dry camping with our TM and I don't have a good answer for him. From searching the threads it looks like some folks put their generator in their rear storage, but what about fuel? Any suggestions on how to combine an SUV, TM, and generators safely?

When we were narrowing the field of vehicles we decided against a pickup for the very reasons Padgett mentioned. Our TV will mainly be an around town and road trip vehicle with occasional towing. I have extensive experience towing a large/tall horse trailer over the years with several F150s. Will there be a significant difference in towing characteristics going to both a smaller and lighter TV and trailer? How do you deal with the visibility issues with a vehicle that is narrower and lower than the trailer? I found and read the thread on rear view cameras, but a number of states require mirrors that give you visibility for at least 200 ft behind the vehicle. Any recommendations on equipment or other threads to review would be appreciated!
Carolina Camper is offline   Reply With Quote