View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 07:52 PM   #10
Padgett
TrailManor Master

I just think my philosophy can be summed up in the original Smokey and the Bandit: "Because they said it couldn't be done." (and the money).

Been on the bleeding edge since I took a Macpherson Strut, Fiber opics, infrared transmission, and a computer to change very large aluminum die casting machines enough that production increased by a third & the union filed a grievance for "work speed up" - in 1973.

Cord isn't dangerous if you plug the trailer in first. My only concern is the lack of a circuit breaker other than on the genny.

Developed vs undeveloped is not really my issue, more "anytime, anywhere".

Meanwhile tomorrow morning when it is cool (was over 90 today) I'll try wiring in the fan delay and run some tests. Want to try just that before adding the HS cap.

Is interesting that the SPP6 measures 140 uf and the SPP6E 106 uf. Wonder why the difference.

Agree the Honda EU3000 and the Champion 3100 are nice units just the rear compartment is 22" long by 14" wide & limits what I can put in there. So far the Pred is the highest rated genny that fits. Having three HF stores inside a 15 mile radius is just nice but is also a Northern Tool nearby.

Every genny has people asking whether it will start an AC and 13.5k seems the most common. The "Accepted" answer is 3000W. Right.

One of the phun things about O'town is that everything is here and usually cheap. The ultimate absurdity (I like absurd) is that we have a Prada Outlet store just south of here (I shop more at the Columbia outlet though).

This is just playing.