View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 05:24 PM   #56
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormpeakco View Post
Asked 3 questions (~8P mtn time) and received an answer back in 1-2 hrs. Wow.

Dave,

Thanks for your interest in our camera system. The answers to your questions are as follows:

1) The signal from the camera to the router is wireless as is the router signal to the phone. The only wires necessary are the 12 vDC wires that power the camera and the router. For that we provide 2 male cigarette lighter type cords. I have a 30' trailer with the camera on the outside rear and the router in a front interior cabinet and there's no problem with the camera signal reaching the router at that distance.

2) The camera is weatherproof, but the router needs to be inside your trailer in a dry location. I wouldn't put it outside in the battery box because humidity and battery fumes would damage it.

3) The Motorola Droid Mini's processor speed (1.7 GHz) should be ample for providing a low latency video image. I've successfully used a Moto-E and its speed is only 1.2 GHz. An unlocked Android 5 would certainly work.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Fred Stokes
RV Rearview Camera Systems LLC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: rvrearviewcamera.com Contact Us: Form Submission
Date: Tue, March 31, 2015 10:33 pm
To: [email protected]

Subject:
blown away by your wonderful looking system and new reviews for RVs
Message or Question:
We have a small collapsible TT (20' long) and I'd like to have full time rear view camera while actively towing behind our durango. 1) I know the signal from the router to the smart phone is wireless but is the signal from camera to router via a wired connection or wireless. 2) the distance from just behind the rooftop AC to the rear 12V cigarette plug in the rear of the durango is under 20'...is this too far so that placing the router in front of the TT (or in the tongue battery box) would be necessary. 3) lastly, not an apple person but have motorola mini-are the microprocessors fast enough? or would buying a used, unlocked android 5 as the designated camera monitor be preferred? thanks. Dave
My question would be where would you into 12v at the front of the TM? What would be inside the TM and have live 12v while shells are down for travel?

Looks pretty cool though. A review on amazon stated that you also need to have an app for it that cost $9.99. My issue is I don't have a smartphone. Wonder if an iPad would work.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote