Thread: tow vehicle
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 07:34 PM   #3
JTorsrud

Default Re:tow vehicle

Hello TKB:

The Nissan Frontier is a great truck! Just not for pulling heavy things. While the Tow Capacity is 5000lbs. You'll find it hard going up hills and in general just cruising down the highway!

When I had my 2000 Frontier, we were pulling a 2003 22ft. Jayco Kiwi II trailer. I had the tranny cooler installed also, with the weight distribution hitch and all the usual goodies for towing. The Frontier had to really work hard to get up hills, you have to lock out the Transmission Override or it will constantly shift up and down on you. The Kiwi II weighed in at about 3800 lbs. and and around 4500 loaded.

We eventually bought a 2002 Dodge Durango V8 to pull the Kiwi and things got a little better.

We just bought our new 2004 Nissan Titan 4x4 for pulling our TM 3326. Now I have to look back to see if the trailer is actually there!!

I'm not saying the Frontier won't work with the 3023, only a good road trip will tell. The Transmission cooler and WD hitch is a must. You will have to lock out the OD.

It will be interesting to hear your comments once you get hooked up to your new unit and make that first trip. Please keep us posted.

Happy TrailManoring!

Jeff & Brenda