View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 06:05 AM   #20
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthayes View Post
The missing clamp is on the front passenger-side corner. It looks like it was pulled out somehow. He is offering to sell it for $9,500, which is about $1,000 under the NADA value due to the missing awning.
Ok. Asking price is not bad, not good either. Book value really has no basis here at this point. He doesn't know what he has... Has no idea about the AC, has no idea what model it is and it's damaged. Throw the book out. That clamp is minor issue and can be repaired easily. I have one out right now. Lost it over Xmas/New Years camping trip. There is a way to fix it better than new so if you do the deal, let me know and I'll send you a photo of the repair.

The awning, to me, is the bigger issue and creates a situation to really bargain with. I may not know what I'm talking about but awnings just don't fall off. They may be torn off, damaged and removed, but something has to be done to repair it. If it was me, I'd be on a ladder inspecting the entire area of the awning rail. Actually, you may not need a ladder since these are pop ups and the awning is part of the front roof. If your future intentions are to replace it new, who is going to order it, install it, repair any issues that may be found during install? These are questions that affect the purchase price of the TM, to me. If your intentions are to not replace it, and carry a pop up shade tent, fine, that's an option, but resale value for the TM after your done with it will always be affected. Good luck. Try and not let this unit be your only option. Don't get stuck that you have no options.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote