Thread: Tpms
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #12
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

The 507’s have worked well for me. Driving down the road a quick glace and I know that my tire pressure and temp is where it should be. The rapid deflation audible warning has gone off twice. Once when I was dumping the grey water and still had it on (now that is sensitive; change in pressure due to change in weight) and the second time this fall when I had a blowout. The alarm went off within 5 second of the tire failing giving us plenty of time to slow down and pull over before there was any damage to the rim or TM.

I have had them long enough to have replace the batteries twice. It was not difficult. Note that the O ring that makes them water and dust tight is very small and must be stretched over the detector. It is small enough that it looks like it is not for that purpose.

For me they have been well worth the investment. A number of people here have said they didn’t know they had a flat tire until someone drove beside them and flagged them down.

I got the system and two sensors. Looks like you can do that for $160.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote