View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
lorianne6

This is my first post. I bought a 2008 2720 SD this past month and I love it. It is in excellent condition, in fact it must not have been used much at all and kept in a garage. Maiden voyage with me and my sister went well, traveled almost 1000 miles with it and learned plenty from other campers, and reading the manual and hands-on. So, even the tires look fantastic, but from reading through this forum I found out that they are time bombs. Their date is from 2007. So they are being replaced and I'm going to 15 inch rims and tires. Now I have to get the spare tire carrier mod done, and my question is: Why are the mods only adding 5/8" or 9/16" and not an inch. The 14'' tire in the spare carrier now is totally snug to bottom of the trailer. Aren't 15 inch tires an inch wider than 14 inch tires. Maybe a dumb question, but I'm not doing the mod myself (since I'm a girl ha! and bending steel and drilling holes in it is way beyond me) and will be having it done somewhere. Thank you everyone who posts here. If I hadn't read this forum I'd still be taking the TM out with these 2007 14" Goodyear Marathons. I think I was lucky they got me home safe on my first trip.