View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #9
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravlinOn View Post
Mine is stored outside and we have had a lot of rain in recent months. Inside needed cleaning and I noticed that I had some dried (little brownish drip) marks on the ceiling not far from vents. No indication of leaks on floor. One strong possibility for no inside water damage in my case is that with the TM closed, the inner shell provides some protection from outer shell leaks. Conclusion: Some unexpected benefits during storage can result from having the TM closed due to the added protection from shell overlap.

BTW, over time just about all TM caulking will need to be replaced as old caulk dries out, cracks, and then leaks. My 2008 TM has a lot of roof area and over almost 4 years time, I have already caulked around windows, awning, antenna, latches, and vents. I have caulk now on order for placement around the AC. Not hard but having the right tools helps to cut the time required.
I could not agree more with these comments. I also store mine outside and we've had some very strong straight line winds and blowing rain this spring. If my TM was open, I'm sure I would have leaks that occur by blowing in under the seals, door, vents, inside the WH door area, etc. Since I store my TM offsite at a river campground 150 miles from home for the camping season, I would also worry about break-in and theft. The camp staff move my TM into a reserved site when I'm headed that way for the weekend and they would not close it before moving and that is being discussd here on another thread currently.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote