View Single Post
Old 12-28-2003, 01:39 PM   #3
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Re:Goodyear Blowout

Chris,

Sorry to hear about your tire problems. As you know, we are on our 2nd 3326 king TrailManor, and knock on wood, we have never had a tire failure. I better not say that too loud!!! I was told by a tire expert that trailer tires should be replaced every 4 years. After that time span, you are taking a big chance because of dry rot. The sun and heat are real killers on the tires. I know that you bought your 3326 King used, and these could still be the original tires.

Also, I always inflate the tires to the maximum as stated on the side walls (50psi). We had Goodyears on both trailers, and that was the suggested inflation for maximum load.

I would say that maybe it was a combination of age and inflation since you didn't say what you had the tires inflated to.

If you check the walls of the tires, there are numbers that tell when the tire was manufactured. You might be shocked at the age of the tires. I would check out the other 2 tires on the road side for their age as well as inflation. To get an accurate reading, make sure you check them when they are cold, and not been driven on.

Hope this gives you some insight. Please let me know what you find out

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote