View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 07:02 AM   #3
TravlinOn

Sopper - I did the battery disconnect with a switch that looks somewhat similar to the one in your picture (mine is not colorful). Comments:
1. Yes, the switch does stop battery drainage from items such as radios that drain the battery even when the TM is in storage, BUT you have to remember that with the switch turned OFF, your emergency brakes will not function - so, be sure to turn switch back ON before leaving home or storage.
2. My switch is located in the back bumper sewage hose storage area so I can get to it by unlatching the rear shell latches near the bumper without having to open the TM before each departure.
3. Hardest part of the task is determining the layout of where holes should be drilled in order to avoid the most obstructions when running the wires. Also, in the storage compartment where the battery is located, there is a lot of activity as various hoses, cables, etc., are put in and removed; so, you will want to channel the new wiring out of the way - I used electrical conduit and ties. Also, all wiring splices will need to be very secure.
4. Would I do it again, yes.