View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
MN traveler

I wasn't done with all the mods to the car when I took that pic. I had the whole front clip off and the engine/trans out for a trans swap to 200r4. Changed the manual rack to power, swapped the springs for coil-overs and added Vintage A/C.

Hood didn't make much difference with 350 hp... New trans wanted to get hot over 60. The PO went cheap on the aluminum rad and it didn't have an integral trans cooler. The fan cooled auxiliary wasn't cutting it. I have a spankin' new aluminum rad with trans cooler waiting to go in, if the weather ever gets above zero for more than a couple days...

R-Pod is light, around 1700#. The extra weight of the 2720 is a bit of a concern as I think it will weigh the same or slightly more than the car. I pulled the trailer to Deadwood SD last fall with my 2000 K1500 and it was like a sail behind that too. 9-10 mpg...not happy with it. I love the self contained style, but it needs to be more aerodynamic and not having to swap the table to a bed every day would be nice...