View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff the marmot View Post
Has anyone seen a cheap version of that with basically just a handle and a few wheels (non_motorized), such as something that could literally be pinned in place of the existing TM tongue jack's wheel but with a handle to easily steer it? I don't want to spend almost a thousand dollars on one of the fancy motorized ones. And I'm only looking to fine tune the position of my 2720 in my concrete floor garage and jockey back and forth a few times to move it to the side a bit.

Jeff
Jeff -

I routinely fine-tune the position of my TM on the concrete garage floor, using the OEM tongue wheel. I push and pull on the TM's jack stem, which seems to work well. Does this not work for you?

The Harbor Freight dolly is their item #69898, I think. I have one for jockeying my boat trailer around. It is rated to handle 600 lbs, and even though that is a bit optimistic, it should be adequate for the tongue of a TM on a smooth level surface. You will want to exchage the 1 7/8 inch hitch ball for a 2 inch ball. As ThePair noted, the tires always seem to be flat when you go to use the dolly, and that is frustrating, but it is easily prevented by buying a couple properly-sized inner tubes and installing them. Cheap and easy to do.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote